ANNOUNCEMENT: CFP: DIBRUGARH UNIVERSITY JOURNAL OF ENGLISH STUDIES (DUJES) VOLUME 29 (which will be published between March-June, 2021)
*Please note that the deadline for Vol. 29 is already over. The announcement of the next CFP will be made here till which time submissions will remain closed.
Subject Fields: Humanities, Literature, Women's & Gender Studies, Cultural Studies
Dibrugarh University Journal of English Studies (DUJES, ISSN [Print] 0975-5659, ISSN [Online] 2581-7833) invites relevant and critical contributions in areas pertaining, but not limited to, literature(s) in English as well as English translations, literary criticism and theory, issues related to research and research methodology and critical humanities, and related fields of literary studies. The journal also invites reviews of texts, reference books and scholarly work related to the discipline. All contributions will be sent anonymously to the Board of Reviewers for blind peer-review, evaluation and approval/rejection. The editors and reviewers shall have discretion in the matter of recommending the submissions for publication.
The name of the contributor(s) and the full official address should be submitted with a short biographical note (not exceeding 100 words) and e-mail id in a SEPARATE DOCUMENT to the document with the article. The Bio-note should also include a declaration that the submission has not been published previously and that the work has not been submitted elsewhere for publication. No part of the document with the submission should contain the author’s name(s) or credentials, in order to facilitate confidential peer reading. The contributors are expected to conform strictly to the following guidelines:
- Manuscripts of the full-length articles should be between 4000-8000 words (inclusive of works cited and endnotes – please do not use footnotes) and the Reviews must not exceed a word limit of 2000. Contributors are to note that the preliminary overview of the work includes a plagiarism check. If the work has been previously submitted in the form of an M.Phil or Ph.D dissertation, the contributor should declare the same. The contributors are also requested to submit a plagiarism report (URKUND) and the ID of the report so that the same may be cross-verified.
- Contributors are requested to submit a declaration that they have read the submission guidelines, agree to the policy of the journal and that the submission is original and does not contain any plagiarized material or content.
- In-text citations must not be left incomplete, if found, may lead to rejection. Similarly, submissions without Works Cited will not be accepted.
- An abstract of around 200-400 words along with Keywords must accompany the submission.
- Submissions with typographical and grammatical errors will be evaluated in an overview of the paper/article before the blind peer-review process, and if found in excess, shall be returned to the author(s) or rejected – the discretion of the Editorial Board is final in this regard. The guidelines stated here are to be strictly adhered to else the submission will be rejected.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt Font and font-size must be strictly adhered to and lines must be double-spaced. Submissions must be submitted in the .docx format. No other format will be accepted.
- The editors urge contributors to have their articles/papers proofread for typographical, grammatical, factual and technical errors BEFORE submission. Articles/papers which overlook the same shall be summarily rejected without intimation.
- The manuscripts should be prepared strictly according to the MLA Handbook (8th Edition) style. Works cited must conform to the recommended format of the MLA. Failure to do so may result in rejection of the submission.
- Endnotes must be used rather than footnotes - before the Works Cited.
- Works cited should be included in the manuscript and not in a separate document.
- Formatting issues due to incompatibility of software and/or other related problems will be treated as the responsibility of the contributor. The same will have to be rectified if the concern is raised by the editors.
- Simultaneous submission of the same manuscript for publication in other journals is not allowed and the work should not have been published previously. A declaration to this effect must be included in the Bio-note.
- Kindly refer to the other links for more details on Submission Guidelines, Ethics Policy and Declarations.
The next issue of DUJES (Vol. 29) is scheduled for publication between March and June, 2021. Contributions for possible inclusion must reach the Editors: Dr. Lakhipriya Gogoi, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Dibrugarh University, and Mr. Deeptangshu Das, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Dibrugarh University, by 31st October, 2020, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions after the deadline will not be considered for the incumbent issue.
Contact Info: The research papers for publication and any other queries may be sent in the following email id: email@example.com.
For further information and queries, write to:
The Editors, DUJES (Vol. 29)
Department of English,
N.B.:- The web version of the journal is published first, which will be followed by the application for and submission of quotations for printing of hardcopies, which is a protracted process. Requests for journal pagination and hardcopies can only be responded to once the finalized version is ready. Priority is given to contributors who must bear post/mail charges for the same to be sent to them. Due to limitations of number of copies made available, one copy per contributor is the norm decided upon, unless notified otherwise by the Editorial Board.