DUJES (Dibrugarh University Journal of English Studies, ISSN 0975-5659) is an annual journal, published between March and June, every year. The journal has an online issue (ISSN 2581-7833) at www.dujes.co.in.
Author(s)/Contributor(s) are requested to submit the final paper/article/review electronically via e-mail strictly to email@example.com. Any other mode of submission will not be accepted.
Author(s)/Contributor(s) must submit a declaration along with the Bionote that they have read, understood and agreed to the following guidelines of the journal.
- Manuscripts in .docx (please do not use any other file extension) format of full-length papers/articles should be between 4000 to 8000 words (inclusive of works cited which should be compulsorily included in the submitted manuscript and endnotes). Book reviews should not exceed the recommended word limit of 2000 words.
- An abstract of 200-400 words with Keywords must serve as a prologue to the complete submission.
- Manuscripts should follow the formatting/editing guidelines of the MLA Handbook (the edition of which shall be specified in the CFP).
- The paper/article/book review should be typewritten in Times New Roman font, 12 pt, double-spaced with a 1” margin on all sides, preferably non-justified.
- Citations (in-text and bibliography/works cited) should be prepared manually and not using any automated process of the word-processor in use or other third-party software. Endnotes are preferred to footnotes.
- The contributors should attach a short biographical note (not more than 150 words) which includes full name(s), full official address(es), and e-mail(s), on a SEPARATE .docx document so as to facilitate the blind peer review. The main paper/article/book review must in no way contain or bear the author’s name(s), initials or credentials. Failure to ensure this step may result in the article being rejected. Only ONE submission per author/authors will be accepted for the relevant CFP.
- The onus is on the author to obtain the necessary permissions for reproduction of any materials used in the paper/article/book review including photographs and illustrations for which the author does not hold copyright.
- The submitted manuscript of the paper/article/review MUST be original and previously unpublished, should not have been simultaneously submitted to other journals for publication.
- A plagiarism report (URKUND) should be submitted where possible and the ID shared with the editors so as to facilitate cross-checking of the same. The UGC-recommended guidelines on plagiarism shall be adhered to in this matter.
- The Editorial Board reserves the discretion to reject articles that fail to conform to the above guidelines. Articles with typographical and methodological inconsistencies will be rejected before the review process. Citations - both in-text and bibliographical shall be thoroughly vetted for authenticity.
- Discretion regarding selected articles rests with the Board of Editors and no communciation may be made regarding the same. Reviewer reports are treated as confidential matter and the discretion to share the same rests with the Board of Editors.
Submissions, finally, must include the following:
1) One document in Word format with short Bionote and Declaration(s) regarding a) Guidelines and b) Plagiarism
2) One document in Word format bearing ONLY the Title, Abstract, Submission, and Works Cited.
Failure to follow the above guidelines may result in rejection of the submission(s). The Editorial Board may not intimate the Author(s)/Contributor(s) on the reason(s) for rejection. Author(s)/Contributor(s) are urged to send their FULL SUBMISSIONS only after having read and understood all the guidelines and requirements, as stated previously.
In the case of book reviews, a copy of the book being reviewed (along with a covering letter stating the same) should be posted to the address of the Editor(s), and the submitted books are subsequently considered properties of the Department of English, Dibrugarh University.